Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sometimes, the second kid gets the shaft...

When Rebekah was a baby, I forgot to give her some medication before I left to drop her off at daycare. It was a 10 minute drive to daycare, so I dropped her off, went home, got the medication and brought it back. That was the only time I ever forgot something she needed, and I felt horribly guilty for forgetting it!

Today, I forgot Peter's bottles. I didn't go home to get them, because he had enough supply at the sitters to make it through the day (using some of the frozen I had brought her). I would have, if he had not had enough. And I probably would have if the sitter lived closer to where I lived. It would have cost me an hour (30 min drive home, 30 min drive back), so I decided to make do with what he had. The truly funny thing is this is the third time I've forgotten his bottles. The last two were while he was still at the center. So I did drive home to get them those two times.

And I don't feel guilty a bit for forgetting anything.

For Peter, I've forgotten diapers, wipes, clothing...I think the only thing I haven't forgotten is Peter himself. Luckily, Rebekah would just remind me. "Mommy! We have to take Peter!!" as she tells me when I pretend to leave him...and it IS pretend I swear!

No comments: