Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

What a weekend...

We had some firsts and some blessings this weekend!

The first first was Rebekah bowled for the first time. We of course had the bumpers up for her (this particular bowling alley you can take them up and down per a person!). We tied. And yes...I stink at bowling. I know this. I'd like to note that we both beat my mom...who also had bumpers.

Rebekah had a great time and William had a wonderful time teaching her. She would lug the 6 lb ball up there and sort of push it out. William would take a swipe as it left her hands to give it a little more go. One time he missed. The ball got stuck in the middle of the lane! Rebekah received an applause for that one.

This same night something potentially tragic happened. When we left the house I was SURE to take the camera...what better photography opportunity than to capture Rebekah's FIRST bowling outing? The camera and my phone got left on top of the car. Can we say whoops? I didn't realize it until we got to the alley and I started to call my mom. William called our neighbor to make sure it wasn't in the road. (We did hear a thunk as we drove off...you would have THOUGHT that would have clued me in!)

When we got home William grabbed a flashlight and went for a walk. He came home with my phone. A little plug for the Chocolate 3...my phone has a couple scratches but the battery stayed in. If it weren't for that, I'm not sure we would have ever found it! I thought that was pretty good...at the point it fell off, we were traveling probably 45-50 mph.

I prayed and prayed over my camera. The thing about the camera is I had not cleared off the pictures since the May time frame. There were a ton of pictures on there, and I was particularly concerned for Peter. Babyhood goes by so quickly. I love looking at how Rebekah changes over time. I feared I wasn't going to be able to do that. Not to mention poor Peter's first 3 months or so weren't documented very well. (It took me awhile to get my act together!)

The next morning we loaded everyone into the car and headed into town. William put the 4-ways on and we drove very slowly. My camera was in a bright pink case, about the size of 2 decks of cards. It wasn't huge, but large enough that it would be easy to spot! As we drove I continued to pray. LORD - have mercy on me! Please return our camera to us! About a mile up the road, William spotted it! The camera has some minor damage to it, but we were able to recover the pictures.

Some things are replaceable, some things are not. William has spent the rest of the weekend archiving our pictures (storing them on archive-quality DVDs).

The second 'first' for Rebekah was seeing a movie at the movie theater. We took her to see 'Madagascar 2' (also known as 'Move It Move It 2' around our house). I think her favorite was the popcorn. She ate a ton of it. I think she also enjoyed the movie...she has been "whistling" a lot since watching it...ha ha.

What a weekend. It has been a roller coaster. I'm so grateful for my blessings. Now...I need just one more Lord...please sell our house!

No comments: