Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I guess the dinosaurs really came to our house...

As I mentioned, last week she learned ALL about dinosaurs. I guess they put one of those pill things in some water and watched it grow. (Apparently this process took a few days.) They had several for the class, but not enough for all kids. So what to do with a bunch of water soaked dinosaurs at the end of the week? Have a drawing of course!

So they put all the kids names in a hat and drew them out. Rebekah's name was drawn. Her teacher told me this morning that she was just thrilled when she won...I think she still was when she came home yesterday. Since I was home already (worked from home), I opened the door and she popped in shouting "LOOK WHAT I WON MOMMY!" over and over. I had to calm her down to even see what it was!

And this morning she snuck downstairs when she woke up to get her dinosaur! The poor thing isn't going to last the week I don't think....but it will be well-loved during that time anyway.

I believe this is the first time she has *really* won anything. I don't count the fair where you pay money and pick up ducks... ;-)

No comments: