Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

When tragedy strikes...

This evening I was out taking pictures. The kids were riding their bikes. The weather was just perfect...with a perfect hint of a breeze.

It was heaven.

Then BOOM.

I dropped my camera...

This isn't the first time I've dropped this little camera.

- It has flown off the top of my car at 60 mph (and survived).
- I've dropped it multiple times in parking lots, gym floors and other similar hard surfaces.

And tonight...it slipped from my fingers again. Only this time...my little camera gave up on me. It now has a cracked lens.

William's response: "Well I've TOLD you to use the wrist strap!"

Why yes you have. But somehow I don't find that comforting. ;-)

So I guess I'm in the market for a reasonably priced purse-camera. I eventually want a fancy-schmancy SLR...but that is going to have to wait. I really love having one that fits right into my purse, so I have it wherever I go.

This really isn't something I wanted to buy at this moment in time, but personally I see a camera as a necessity. It is certainly a creative outlet for me. So a shopping I will go!

Suggest away if you have one that you love.

No comments: