The good news is I took notes shortly after the birth so I wouldn't forget anything. The bad news is I haven't had time to finish anything. I'm sure that is surprising...actually, I'm a bit surprised myself. It'll happen! I got the pictures pulled off my camera...so that is a huge step.
in the mean time - I thought I'd share a few tidbits about life. Nothing long - as I should be in bed already. :-)
- Peter still calls Ruth "baby bean". Cracks me up.
- He also loves to gives his sister kisses and hugs (and let me tell you - hugs from a 3 yo will leave Ruth one tough little girl). He absolutely adores her...I'm actually surprised at how fond he is. I had been worried he would be jealous...but he really isn't. (There HAVE been some small behavior things...but none specifically aimed at her...nothing but adoration.)
- Peter also loves to help change her diapers...this includes wiping her. Poop does not discourage him.
- Rebekah loves holding Ruth.
- The other day William went to the store and took Peter. She at first wanted to go, but I told her I had an important job for her...I needed her to watch Ruth while I took a shower. She sat by the swing and literally WATCHED her the entire time. (My showers are about 20 min long!) She happily reported that Ruth was fine when I got out.
- Rebekah loves to sing to Ruth when she cries. Ruth actually calms down when Rebekah sings to her.
And a few things about Ruth...
- She enjoys pooping in a brand new diaper.
- She hates diaper changes.
- She is very expressive with her face. I've seen huge grins and smiles and even a laugh (accompanied by a smile). I've also seen her frown, pout and look mad (eyes furrowed and mouth scrunched). I have yet to get any pictures of these...
- She is already working on holding her head up...actually, she was doing this in the hospital. I had her on my shoulder while a nurse was checking my blood pressure. Ruth lifted her head and the nurse responded "Hey! You aren't supposed to be able to do that!" A few people have also commented on how strong she is.
- She is also very fond of the 3 AM party. She'll go back to sleep...but then wake up 15 min later.
And with THAT note...I'm calling it good. I need to get to sleep, as it is almost midnight. I'm hoping I don't pay for this tomorrow.