Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Monday School: Fan vs. Follower (a day late - OK?)

Yesterday my pastor talked about...well, honestly it was one of those messages where I wasn't exactly sure what he was getting at.  He usually has a very nice bullet-ed outline for you with missing words to fill in.  I don't recall seeing that (well, up on the screen...I didn't look at the actual outline...I don't normally need too).

Anyway...one of the the thing he talked about was Notafan.com.  It was very briefly and he explained it like this:  Are you the person sitting in the bleachers cheering on the team?  Or are you down there talking to the coach getting into the game and in on the action?  Personally - I've always found playing more fun than watching.  Are you a fan of Jesus?  Or are you a follower?

I've been contemplating various Christian walks.  I've observed that some people's relationships in church often seem more authentic than others.  I've never really been able to put my finger on it.  Is this the difference?

I don't know.

But for me - I know that I want to be a follower.  I want to be on the team, down on the court/field doing my part.  I want to be in the action. 

No comments: