Pages

Thursday, June 1, 2006

(Imported from the babababies website)

Wow, I haven't written anything in quite awhile! So here it goes!

Rebekah has a follow up appointment today for an ear infection she had about a month ago. (They like to take another peek 4 wks later to make sure it clearead up like it is suppose to.) She has been tugging on her ears a lot, but she is also teething. I have read that babies do that sometimes because the pain runs up along their jaw lines. I hope it did clear up.

Incidently, she hasn't been sick that much. She has had a few runny noses, two ear infections and that is it. In her room, they have had bronchiolitis, strep throat and the roto-virus. I've been happy that she has been so healthy, and I attribute this to two things. The first thing is God. I definitely think he has blessed us in this area. The second is the breast milk. I think breast feeding is a major contributor to her healthiness...I guess I like to think this because I work so hard to make sure she continues to get it!! It probably really is just all God! HA!

Rebekah has been eating lots of solids. I can't say I'm totally happy with how much she is eating...mainly the daycare has insisted on feeding her so much. Her milk intake has been severely affected, and I am working with them to change that so that everyone is happy. I am of the school of thought that breastmilk should be her primary nutrition until she is 1. The solids are just for her to practice eating...which she is doing extrememly well at by the way! She doesn't eat as much and nurses more on the weekends, which makes me feel a little better about it all. We still do NOT feed her sweets, fish, nuts of any kind, dairy of any kind, citrus, or honey. We have been VERY careful about what we feed her, as we want to start super healthy eating habits now. Maybe they will stick with her in the long run. I imagine we will be picky about what she eats in the long run...just just until she is a year! :o)

On the eating front, she can pick up items and put them in her mouth. She does this VERY well, except if the item is squishy. If it is, she ends up squishing it between her fingers...so cute! So I have been giving her more squishy items (such as peas) to play with for practice. She can also take a spoon (with food on it) and put it in her mouth with a small amount of help. If the item she is eating is pasty (i.e. will stay on the spoon fairly well) she does fine by herself. Otherwise, the spoon ends up upside down. We have also introduced the sippy cup. She is doing ok with it...she hasn't mastered tilting her head back.

As mentioned before, she IS getting her bottom two front teeth. I am very saddened at loosing her gummy smile and happy that she is progressing (OF COURSE!). She is also able to stand holding onto something (say the side of the couch) unassisted for about 10-15 seconds at at time. It is rapidly increasing, and with her lack of interest in crawling, I'm betting she is going to skip straight to walking. She loves to walk up you as it is. She has also partially pulled herself up to a standing position on more than one occasion. By partially...I mean she was sitting on my leg and "stood" grabbing onto the back of the couch.

And in OTHER news, we got a NEW couch! It won't be here for another 10-12 weeks. :o( It is a sectional with plenty of seating...and no humpy back. Those are hard to find. It DOES have a sleeper in it. I didn't really want a sleeper, but we were told it was the same price either way. Oh well!

No comments: