Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

From the mouths of babes...

Tonight after bath time, Rebekah was wrapped in her lady bug towel. All of a sudden she clasped her hands and looked down.

"Dear Jesus, thank you for helping the doctors fix Peter's leg."

So simple, but I think we can all agree.

Later, she found a bear in her closet. It is a light up bear that doesn't work. Well, William had the bright idea to suggest her to pray over. So she did. It still didn't work.

I must admit...I was skeptical.

William took the bear down stairs. I finished putting the kids to bed. I was in our room with Peter trying to get the little booger to lay still when William returned with a working bear. He popped in and said "I prayed too. I told God that if a little girl prays, he ought to answer it, so to please give me wisdom. And then I noticed the corrosion on the battery connectors."

The older I get, the more I feel like the more know. But listening to Rebekah has taught me that with my "knowledge" there are a few things I need to forget. God through the eyes of a child is an absolutely beautiful thing.

1 comment:

Fresh Footprints said...

That is such a sweet story!