Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

First day of school for Peter

Peter started school last Thur. Of course, because of his last experience with a daycare center I was very nervous about the entire thing. And wouldn't you know it...William has recently been snagging my little camera to use for his online postings (I call it an "online garage sale" lol). So my little purse camera was not in my purse.

Anyway...so when I remembered I had my phone, I used it. Better than nothing!!!

Peter playing!

Peter playing some more...

Time for breakfast!!! The had the cutest little bibs...

He wasn't too sure about the oatmeal.


He was pretty tired when I picked him up.
Almost out here...

And he's gone. Zonked.

He didn't stay for lunch the first day. He did stay for lunch the second day. The teacher told me he was doing really well. The first day, I was told he cried twice. The first time was about a half hour after I had left. (He had finally noticed I was gone...lol) The second time was after they had gone out and played on the playground, and it was time to come back in. He didn't want to come back in and got pretty mad.

The second day, they even called me to tell me he was doing great. For two weeks (starting the Monday after he began walking), I would stop in every morning for 10-30 minutes...however early I was able to get there. I let him play with the other kids. The teacher told me she thought this really helped him become familiar with the entire thing.

They tell me he hasn't done much walking for them, but cruises and use the walking toys like crazy. Silly boy. At least they took my word that he does in fact walk... :-) I don't think he has taken more than a step or two for any of them!

He'll go another half day on Monday. On Tues he'll stay for nap. This will be the real test... :-) But the teachers are so great there, I'm pretty confident they can handle him!

No comments: