Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Wait...that's snow!

We had 5 days we had to take off this quarter. It was mandatory. I actually used 2 (for real...I would have taken them off anyway). I scheduled another 3 for March. I took Fridays off...and it has been fun. Today was my last one.

The first Friday Peter was having a rough week. So I spent the morning cleaning then went and picked him up from Brenda's. The second Friday, Peter was starting at the daycare. He was going to be there a half day...so that morning I took Rebekah to the zoo. I then just took both kids home...seemed silly to take Peter over to Brenda's at that point.

Today it sleeted. The forecast claimed it was going to snow right after that...so I sucked it up and went and picked up the kids just before nap (after the sleet started). I decided if I didn't, and something happened, I'd be more upset than loosing my planned day for myself.

My plans were to go shopping, play some video games and enjoy a day doing what I wanted. I rarely get to do what I want...my plans are usually dictated by family needs.

So today I'm bummed, slightly bitter and a little irritated that I again lose my time for myself.

No comments: