Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Encouragement when you need it

Yesterday, we learned that the county code inspector fellow decided we must replace the septic before we sell our house.

This is at an approximate cost of $10K. We are selling our house for what we paid for it 5 yrs ago, and simply do not have the money.

Today we learned that the appraisal came in right at the purchase price...and incidentally the same appraisal value we received 5 years ago.

So here is where we are at...
- If the buyers had wanted, we could not simply "up" the price of the house and roll the cost of the new septic into the loan.
- I believe if the current buyers wanted to buy our house, THEY would have to pay out of pocket $10 grand to do so (for the septic replacement).
- We were due to start inspections on our new place yesterday. They have been postponed.

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty bummed. I don't see how God will work this out. I simply don't see the solution anywhere. I posted on Facebook that I was feeling bummed. I switched to another page, and when I came back, this was posted:


So very true. I certainly do not know what is going to happen...so I guess my faith is exactly what I need right now.

I find it fascinating how we get encouragement exactly when we need it. Never early and never late. Always on time.

No comments: