Yesterday, we learned that the county code inspector fellow decided we must replace the septic before we sell our house.
This is at an approximate cost of $10K. We are selling our house for what we paid for it 5 yrs ago, and simply do not have the money.
Today we learned that the appraisal came in right at the purchase price...and incidentally the same appraisal value we received 5 years ago.
So here is where we are at...
- If the buyers had wanted, we could not simply "up" the price of the house and roll the cost of the new septic into the loan.
- I believe if the current buyers wanted to buy our house, THEY would have to pay out of pocket $10 grand to do so (for the septic replacement).
- We were due to start inspections on our new place yesterday. They have been postponed.
Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty bummed. I don't see how God will work this out. I simply don't see the solution anywhere. I posted on Facebook that I was feeling bummed. I switched to another page, and when I came back, this was posted:
So very true. I certainly do not know what is going to happen...so I guess my faith is exactly what I need right now.
I find it fascinating how we get encouragement exactly when we need it. Never early and never late. Always on time.