Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ilogical Math

I'm an extremely logic person.  Give me something math or science based, and I get it.  Give me something that is not, and I sort of cram the concept into a box to make it fit logically. 

So - you can imagine how crazy I feel when I look at Ruth and I think "I love you with ALL my heart!"  And then Peter comes running by and I think "I love YOU with ALL my heart!"  And THEN Rebekah comes dancing in and I of course think "I love YOU TOO with ALL my heart!"

How can this be?  How can I love 4 people with ALL my  heart?  All is a percentage equaling 100%.  Logically speaking, I'd love William, Rebekah, Peter and Ruth each 25% of my heart.  But it doesn't work that way.  Besides the fact that I love William differently, 25% simply doesn't cut it.  I love them each with my whole being...which equals 400%...and you know you can't have 400% when talking about a piece of an object. 

So - love is illogical.  But we all knew that right?

No comments: