Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Corprate buy-outs, strep and catch-up on wellness warriors

So this week in review...

- My company is being bought out by another company.  OK...more accurately my division is being sold to another company.  I stand to loose thousands of dollars in compensation from this.  BUT - God has told me not to worry and that He will provide to us through this process.  I'm excited to write more about the situation, so that His glory can been seen once it is said and done.

- I had strep.  Yuck.  Funny enough, I have gotten strep each time I've returned to work.  Before that?  I was probably in junior high.  Seriously.  I don't get it.

And that was it.  The strep knocked me out enough that I spent the rest of the week going to bed between 8 and 8:30. It really depended on how quickly the kids were put in bed.

SO...with that said I didn't get to put into practice what I learned.  BUT - I'll go over it anyway. :-)

This week's assignment was:

1)  Eat a lunch in the 300-calorie range.
2)  5 days of cardio with 1 day at 45 minutes

And this week I sucked all the way around.  I didn't keep up with any of my meals very well.  I didn't exercise.  But Mon and Tues I did great. :-)  And I'll get a new start on Monday.

Here are some highlights of things I learned in last week's meeting:
  • When you work out on an empty stomach, your body goes into fat burning mode.
  • Heart rate monitors are a good idea.  They take the guess work out of workouts.
  • And on the personal level, God never gives you more than you can handle.
 And she discussed this verse:

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.  ~Romans 12:1

The biggest point she made was that we belong to God.  I don't recall what else was talked about.  Other than we should take captive any negative thoughts.

As excited as I was that I had worked out 5 days, and Tuesday I was super excited because I worked out twice.  And my feelings after not working out Wed, Thur and Fri?  And not getting it made up over the weekend?  Well - I've been taking those thoughts captive.

Oh...and a cute kid story.  So I'm on the phone and in the meeting.  I hear Peter calling "Mom! Mooooom!  I don't think she can hear me."  Then Rebekah says "Yeah, I don't think she can either."  And so they BOTH start yelling louder.  Finally William tells them to stop - and let's them know I'm on a phone call.  Rebekah says "I told Peter that but he didn't listen!"  Mmmm hmmm!

No comments: