Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Festivities

There were a lot of festivities this past weekend.  I love Easter.  He is not here; he is risen! (Luke 24:6 NIV).  It doesn't get much better than that.

I have lots of pictures and such and will get to those.  Today I wanted to focus on Maundry Thurs.  This particular day turned into a mess real fast.  I got off work a bit early and decided to get in some shopping.  I wanted to get a few more things for the kids' baskets.  (While we don't do Easter bunny, we do have baskets!)

I don't get to go shopping often - and ended up meandering through the store a little too long. That put me in a huge rush.  Maundry service started at 7:00 PM and was right across the street from my house. But I didn't end up getting home from getting the kids until 5:45.  And I still had to cook dinner.

Oh - did I mention I was alone?  William was off golfing. 

In the midst of the chaos, I decided to press the EASY button and skip the Maundry service.  I told myself I deserved a break and that it wasn't worth the stress of rushing around.  I wrestled with this decision, and never settled down from it.  Even though I was cutting myself "some slack", I certainly didn't feel any better about it.  I finished up dinner, served the kids, ate my fill and then fed Ruth. 

The naggy little feeling that I should go continued to persist.  So I look at the clock and say it was only 6:45.  TIME WARP!  No really - getting dinner done and eaten in an hour simply never happens.  So I told the kids to get their shoes on and we were off.

I made it there just in time and enjoyed every bit of the service.  This is one of my favorite services of the year and this year was no exception. 

The whole situation served as a good reminder...sometimes things that are worthwhile require hard work, dedication and yes...even a little bit of stress.  Society today often tells us to press the easy button.  Sometimes it is OK to do so. BUT - you have to do everything with a measure of wisdom.  The reason I was so conflicted is because God had something in store and wanted me there.  I wish I could tell you what it was.  At this point I have no idea and I may never know.  But knowing isn't important - doing it because God asked it of me is. 

I'm thankful He made straight my path so that I could go (Proverbs 3:6).  If He hadn't, I wouldn't have made it.  I'm sure He knew this.  It is even more amazing to me that He knew what I needed and how to give it to me.  I didn't even have to ask and I'm thankful.

No comments: