Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Presenting Rebekah, Star of Tomorrow!

Rebekah had her FIRST ever recital.  She of course was adorable!

All the girls got to go across the stage by themselves as their name was called. It was part of introducing the "Stars of Tomorrow".

Not sure what was up with the tongue...
They then gathered as a group on stage and went through some group moves.  Each girl got to pick their favorite tap move with the class following suite.

Rebekah selected heel-toe taps (if I remember correctly).


One of the few face shots...she faced to the side most of the time.

They gathered in a line for a group bow.

A shot with her teacher!

And then headed of stage.  Rebekah did great (of course!) and was adorable (of course!).  We stayed and watched the entire show and she loved every  bit of the show.  In fact, she previously had told us she wanted to take a break over the summer.  But very soon after the show she cried and told us she didn't want to.  But, we felt a break was a good thing and so she will start up in the fall again.

Incidentally, my recital outfit when I was her age was also bright green.  I'll have to see if I can find a picture!

This last weekend I took all 3 kids and a friend of Rebekah's to "Alice in Wonderland" presented by Ballet in the Park.  They perform the show for free at various parks around town.  This is the first time I was able to make it.  Rebekah at first thought SHE was performing (HAHAHA! I got a kick out of that one!).  Once I straightened her out though, she was excited and thoroughly enjoyed the show.  I think seeing performances fuels her interest.  :-) 

I have no idea if she'll stick with it, but as long as she enjoys it we will certainly do it!

2 comments:

Janette said...

She certainly was/is adorable and I have no doubts that she did excellant on stage! She is such a ham!! My friends 2 girls perform for those Ballets in the parks and love them each summer! Last year we got to see them in Wizard of Oz!

Miriam said...

That is pretty cool! I think I'm going to make it a point to go more often. It was way better than I was expecting. (I didn't know what to expect...but a free ballet in the park? My expectations weren't so high!)