Before I get to that...I just wanted to share a few more thoughts on running!
Reasons to run:
- You can do it anywhere. Jog in place in your living room? Sure! Track? Park? Neighborhood? No problem!
- Low cost start up. You just need a pair of sneakers! And sometimes, not even that...barefoot anyone? (No I am NOT crazy!)
- Versatile. Competitive? Sure. Want some time by yourself? No problem. Want to hang out with some friends? Of course! Running is all of these things.
- There is always some goal to reach. You are never "there".
- It is hard...and I like challenges.
And now back to the scale...the ugly ugly scale. I haven't weighed myself in almost two weeks. The scale and I are simply not friends. I fear every single time I step onto that scale that I will see a gain. And that is tough for me to swallow. BUT - it is important to weigh yourself regularly...otherwise it is difficult to tell if the right things are being done for weight loss. :) If weight isn't being lost, then something has to change!
So I dutifully weighed myself...*drum roll please*...I've lost 3 lbs! That puts me at 27 more to go. This was a rather HUGE milestone for me as it breaks a certain number I've been waiting to see change for a loooooong long time. And when I think "Wow, all I have to loose are 27 more lbs!" it just seems SO doable. Certainly more doable than the "Wow, all I have to loose are 110 more lbs!" I was thinking while pregnant with Rebekah.
Sometimes I wonder if being so close will make me lazy...but I'm so blessed that I have a sweet husband who encourages me and am surrounded with wonderful friends who hold me accountable. SO...not only do I believe I'll get to that goal, but I do believe I'll stay there. And yes - I ask myself that all the time. I guess the benefit of spending 5 years taking this weight off is that your brain just changes over that time so that you can't help but create long lasting life style changes. :-)