Pages

Friday, October 12, 2007

(Imported from the babababies website)

Wow, what a whirlwind year! We had a lot of fun at Rebekah's second birthday party...hopefully everyone did! If not...the birthday girl did and that is more important! A special shout out to Linda (William's mom). If it wasn't for her, the cake would have been a complete disaster.

Rebekah was recently moved up to the next toddler room. We also had THREE very important milestones JUST this week! First, she peed in the potty at daycare on Monday (first time ever there!). We were thrilled! She has peed several times at home already. Then Tues. night she did the big #2 in the potty at home. WOWZER! We were so happy for her. I personally missed it (was on the phone dang it...funny thing is, I'm NEVER on the phone! LOL), but got to see the "log". I feel lucky...the things we look forward too as parents? Then on Thursday she pooped in the potty at daycare!!!! So making lots of leaps and bounds. She hasn't asked to go potty quite yet...I mean, she has, but not regularly. We have been going through the motions etc, but are not what I would consider SERIOUSLY potty training until the new baby is here. Then we will probably work on making sure she goes every 2 hrs at home etc. But I have read quite a bit that kiddies regress when they get a new baby sibling. So I don't want her to move all the way up to big girl panties and then have to revert to diapers. That seems de-motivating to me!

We have been working on Rebekah's new big girl room. We found some bedding we love: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=110259&RN=46

We are currently working on the wall paper situation. It simply is not coming off (chemical remove has been tried). We believe they put up the wall paper without painting the walls first...or something. It isn't peeling or anything, so we are going to TRY painting over it. I don't know what else to do really...if it doesn't work...oh my. She much just be in an ugly room for awhile I guess...because the only other thing I can think of is to re-sheet rock the place??? If anyone has any suggestions, by all means, call me!!! :-)

This Sat. we are having a special girls day. William is running off with his golfing buddies. I have planned to go to a festival at a local church and maybe Halloween costume hunting for her if we get up early enough. I will probably also hit BB&B to see if they have the bedding locally. I'd like to avoid shipping costs if at all possible.

Hmm...oh, and Rebekah's language has EXPLODED lately. She just keeps coming up with new words all the time and some of them are REALLY clear. She has also started using small sentences...so we are so happy with her progress. Her 2 year appt isn't until Nov. We post-poned it so I could go to one appt and get her check up and shots at the same time. Just easier, less time off.

Ok, I think that is all for now. We have been so very busy! But a GOOD busy! We have made sure to spend LOTS of quality family time together...early in the summer we found ourselves running around and doing tons of things for everyone else. This of course is NOT good! So at least one weekend a month we plan some fun outing for our family. June we went golfing...can't remember July or Aug (but I know we did something, b/c it is a priority!) and Sept we went to the state fair. I'm thinking in Oct we might either go get family pictures or go to a pumpkin patch or something. I don't think we can squeeze both in on a Saturday. Our weekend time is precious, and we treasure it!

Love everyone, thanks for reading!

Miriam

No comments: