Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

(Imported from the babababies website)

Yesterday was Peter's second day at school, so I took the opportunity to spend some one on one time with Rebekah.

First we went to Panera Bread, one of her favorite places for breakfast. She loves their blueberry bagels. (I've tried getting her to taste other flavors to no avail.) A local radio station was there, and when we walked in they handed us gift cards. Rebekah LOVED hers and kept saying "Look what I have Mama!" When it came time to pay I had to convince her that it needed to go to the cashier! All in all, breakfast cost me $1.50. No bad!

We then went to the play ground at the county park. She loves this play ground and I tend to take her when it is just us.

There happened to be a couple geese. "Look Mama! Gooses!" she shouted when she saw them. We had to have a few talks about how we don't approach animals we don't know. "What are they doing?" she asked. I told her they were eating. She replied "No, they are playing with me!"

The geese flew off and she asked me where they were going. I told her they were going home. We played on the equipment for awhile, and the geese came back. "They came back! Why?" I told her because she was so much fun to play with! We stood and stared at them for awhile...she really enjoyed seeing them up so close and personal!

There is a jungle gym type thing with various slides. One of the slides is a tunnel slide. We were the only people on the play ground (probably b/c it was windy and nippy outside!), and so I let her try and climb up the slide. She had me sit at the end of it...dunno why. Well she stopped suddenly and looked at me in all seriousness and said "I have an idea Mama!" Then she cracked a mischievous smile. I said "You do?" She replied "Yes! I want down!" and climbed over me. I guess her idea was to go to this super tall slide and climb up there...which she had already done a few times. I was just amazed she knew what the word idea meant!

She was running all over the place as fast as she could, and I pretty much had to slow jog to keep up. She would shout "You runnin' like me?" And this developed into a game of follow-the-leader.

We played for about an hour and then I persuaded her to go shopping with me. I had to buy a gift for a gal at church having a baby. She enjoyed playing in the store.

When we returned to the school (I dropped her off so she could eat lunch, have her nap and play with her friends), all the other kids shouted "Bekah is here!" and cheered and ran up to talk to her. It was a feel good moment!

And, it is moments like that that give me pause in whether or not to move to the other side of town. (We are considering it, since we both work over there now.)

We had an absolutely fabulous day, and by the time she got home she was exhausted.

This weekend we have a busy weekend ahead of us. It will be William and I's 9 year anniversery. No big plans yet...we simply have too much to do so we probably won't "properly" celebrate until next week. Friday night we have a baseball game, Saturday we are going to a circus and Sunday Rebekah's friend has a birthday party. Whew! Hopefully we survive the whirlwind!

No comments: