Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2008

She poopied in the potty!

A couple months ago, one day while Rebekah was watching TV she said "I have to go potty!". I said "OK", took her and she went. She continued to pee in the potty very regularly...actually, she has had a handful of accidents and most of them have involved being in public.

The one thing she hasn't done is poop in the potty.

Usually, she would either wait until she happened to have a diaper on (daycare would put one on her before going on the playground) OR in her panties she would go. There isn't much that is more disgusting than cleaning toddler poop out of princess panties.

I would continue to ask R..."Where are you supposed to go poopy?" "In my pull-ups!" (She also calls her panties pull-ups!)

A few days ago, she was sitting on the potty and I again asked her where she was supposed to go poopy. She said "In the hole!" I of course told her YES, that was where she was supposed to go potty. The next morning I talked to her at length about what to do if she had to go. I told her to tell her teachers, and that they would take her.

Well, she pooped her pants that day. I left the entire subject alone for a couple days...then DH calls me. I asked how the kids days were, and he said fine and praddled on about normal every day stuff. "Oh yeah...and Rebekah pooped in the potty today."

Rebekah told DH that she had to go, and she TOLD HER TEACHER! We whooped it up and praised her and told her how proud we were of her. When I got home she ran up to me "I pooped in the potty! I pooped in the potty!"

You know...it amazes to me what you get excited over as a parent. Poop in the potty? Oh yeah, I was doing back flips! We had poop in the potty today too...so maybe a light bulb has gone off. Now...if we could just figure out how to get her to use a public potty!

No comments: