Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Brag on Brenda...

I've always said that every working mother needs TWO things to be a happy working mother...excellent childcare and a job that you love.

I love my job. I break things...who doesn't like to break stuff? And I get paid to do it...incidently, I'm very good at it. (So if you need anything broken...ha ha!)

I thought I loved my childcare! Then Peter got kicked out...it is a long sordid story that I don't want to go into right now. Suffice it to say...those of you who really know Peter aren't really surprised (or weren't...it was 6 mo ago after all!).

I was in a panic...what would I do? William and I came up with all sorts of plans...including him (or I) working evenings/nights to possibly his mother coming to live with us. (I love the woman...but I wasn't crazy about that idea!)

Then Brenda arrived...on a white horse complete with shining armor of course! She was looking for a part time job anyway, and this was just perfect for her, perfect for us...perfect for everyone! It was supposed to be short term (a month or two!)...and here we are. It isn't forever...Peter will be going to the daycare once he turns 1 and is walking! But it is certainly longer than either of us originally thought.

Brenda is a patient person. She is patient with William (often late), with my "please do it this way" ideas and most importantly, with our precious little Peter. If she is unhappy taking care of him...I don't know it! She smiles every mornings and greets Peter with enthusiasm.

She has positive things to say about our little firecracker...which I appreciate more than she will probably ever know. OK...there was that one week...but we have all attributed it to teeth and are working to forget that awful awful week.

Lets just say...it looked something like this!

Anyway, we really appreciate Brenda. So a big THANK YOU to Brenda for her hard work and for helping our little family out. When the time comes for Peter to move up to big boy school, I know that I will really miss seeing you every morning!

No comments: