Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lazy Sunday...uhhh...really? With the kids?

This afternoon William went to play poker. He does this "once a month". That is in quotes simply because it really isn't once a month...it is only once a month half the time. So to me, it is twice a month and occasionally once a month. But William insists it is only once a month! Semantics right?

This afternoon while the kids napped I got to spend about an hour sending emails off for work (only because I forgot I was going to be gone on Monday, thus did not do it on Monday). Then I spent about an hour watching TV. (I'm finally beginning to understand why they say watching TV is not a very good use of your time...I think maybe I should have read instead!) Then Peter woke up.

He had a great afternoon really. He played with the toys for all of five minutes, and then it was off to find more fun stuff to play with. Power cords are always a favorite. I keep joking that we will get him some for his birthday. If we did that, he'd probably never play with them again.

He did find the shoes closet. Shoes are a favorite of his...he loves all kinds. He likes to put them on his head, or throw them or examine them. I'm not sure why there is such a fascination with shoes, but it is right up there with power cords. We have to work extra hard to keep him away from William's shoes. A baby playing with shoes that travel all over a hospital just doesn't seem like a wise toy choice.

Peter also did happen to play ball, nurse a ton (this does seem to be one of his hobbies when we are home together), eat cheerios...and in the middle of all this I was able to watch a little tv. The nice thing about infants is that it doesn't really matter what you watch. So I got to watch adult tv. (Ok...not adult tv...just tv not appropriate for children who repeat what they watch!)

Then Rebekah woke up. So I decided to put a grocery list together with the good intentions of possibly taking the kids to the store (riiiight...at least the intentions were good!). While I did that, I also played Mr. Potato Head (in which I was the baby potato!) with Rebekah and Peek-a-boo with Peter. The ultimate multi-tasking.

Rebekah is just starting to finally get where she has her toys talk to each other. So today, the Mommy Potato took the Baby Potato to church to sing. First the Mommy got the Baby a bagel, let the Baby watch a movie in the car...and of course they were in a hurry. Hmm...sometimes children are simply a mirror. I guess I need to learn how to not be in a hurry all the time.

Rebekah then found a puzzle William bought her yesterday and put it together. I have really under-estimated her puzzle putter-together skills. Is that a word? Well...I'm making it one. I did help her here and there, but not as much as one would think. She also doesn't put puzzles together like *I* do (ya know, find all the edges first!), but whatever strategy she had worked like a charm for her. She was very proud.

So I felt compelled to take a picture of her first "real" completed puzzle. Once she got it done she took it all apart to do it again. That didn't last. She found some crayons so then it was on to coloring. She also dabbled a little in photography this afternoon. The below pictures were all taken by her. The puzzle picture was this afternoon, but the other two were from the previous evening. Rebekah has taken a liking to my camera and actually does pretty well with it. I don't mind her taking pictures supervised.

The start of her second round with the puzzle.

William really likes this one of him and
wants to make it his Facebook profile pic...LOL!

Gotta love the dog nose shot.

So, I guess you could say Rebekah is getting better. Now with these four shots there were of course a ton of typical 3yo pictures. Like this picture of her shoe...


There are three of these. I don't know why she is so fascinated with her shoe. I can't help but be proud of my budding little photographer.

For the rest of the afternoon, Peter, Rebekah and I continued to putter around the house making each other giggle.

Rebekah enjoyed putting cheerios in her basket.

Peter played with the puzzle too. OK...just the box. But, he found it had two great uses. The first was playing peek-a-boo (shocker, right?)

The second as as a drum!

So while my afternoon seemed long (when I don't nap it does that), we had a great time. I am now beat!

No comments: