Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I speak you speak...

I was sitting in a meeting this afternoon, and marveled at the way people communicate. This isn't the first time...just the first time I've thought to write about it. The conversation went like something like this...

NOTE: I do not work with any fruit. This is just he basic gist put into terms many can understand! :-P

M1: We need to check to see if coconuts have milk in them. Can someone take ownership of this action item?

M2: What? They had milk in them 2 years ago. Why wouldn't they STILL have milk in them? It was white milk and was very sweet. Why would it go away?

M3: Did you know that coconuts and pineapples grow in similar types of soil? And if you aren't careful, monkeys will throw pears at you from the jungle.

M2: That is off topic!

M3: You're right, it is. I just thought everyone might want to know. Those monkeys are very dangerous.

M4: I'm pretty sure that as of December, coconuts didn't have milk in them. I didn't even know coconuts had milk in them ever!

M2: Ohhhh that's a problem!

M5: Well...if you drink the milk then you won't know. Often the milk gets drunk first.

M4: OH! I didn't realize people were drinking the milk first.

M1: So uh...can someone take the action item to look into this?

[Silence]

M5: I can take it to the society of milk lovers, and see what they can do about it.

M6: I'm not sure what they could do to help?

M5: Well, they could figure out how to tell people to not drink the yummy milk.

M4: Maybe we should just fix it so that people can't drink the milk out of the coconuts?

M5: Oh that is a very good idea. Yes, I agree with this. M3 can you take care of this?

M3: Yep. I can write a dissertation on how to make sure the milk isn't drunk, but I can't make sure anyone reads it.

M1: So who do you think ought to make sure the milk isn't drunk? Ya know...after reading your dissertation?

M3: Monkeys or maybe even baboons. But they are very dangerous!

M7: I don't think people are drinking the milk. Let me find out for sure.

M1: OK - you find out about that. If not, M3 will write his dissertation and we will all cross our fingers and hope everyone reads it. No one wants to be hit with apples by the monkeys.


It is a wonder we get anything done around here. :-)

No comments: