Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Peter's first week...lets recap

Peter has done fabulous.

That is the recap. That is all I've heard. The teacher has called me a couple times letting me know that he is doing fabulous.

Rebekah did tell me he cried during Chapel...HA HA!

On Wed. the kids all go on a "field trip" to the church portion of the building and the pastor does the weekly Bible story...they get a Bible story every day. The director normally does it...except Wed's! The Bible story is the same for a week...which is really great because I think Rebekah learns more that way!

Rebekah told me that Peter cried because he wanted me, then proceeded to demonstrate the cry. Too funny!

He has also been walking like crazy for them finally. He pretty much walks everywhere now. When he turns around it is a sort of a pivot...completely adorable.

Peter also has started crying when I drop him off. He cries when I pick him up (that isn't new daycare behavior...he does that when I arrive home and he has been with William as well!). He just cries...so really, I'm not surprised he cries when I drop him off. He normally stops by the time I arrive to the main entrance of the building, but not always.

He is also still adjusting to the one nap a day at 12:30. Today he fell asleep in his lunch...poor thing. The rest of the week his naps have been short (1.5 hrs). He is getting overtired, but he'll adjust with time.

Basically -- Peter is doing so completely awesome and I feel so completely blessed he is FINALLY at the daycare!

This picture was taken by the daycare and posted on the door...they always take pics of kids on their "first day" (even though this one was slow!) and post them. It is their way of welcoming them.

No comments: