Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Twilight

I've heard a lot about the book series that goes with "Twilight", as well as the movie. I've heard the books are hard to put down and addicting. I have heard the movie is equally good.

Well I watched the movie yesterday. Going into it, I knew it dealt with a love story and that there were vampires...but that is about it.

I liked it quite a bit! The plot was engaging. I can completely see why teen girls are into this movie. I think if it had been around when I was in high school, my friends and I would have spent Friday nights re-watching the movie. I think my favorite part was when the dad asked Bella (female lead) if Edward (vampire-boyfriend) was too old for her? Which got me to thinking...

Technically he was like 300 years old. Or maybe 100...I can't recall if he said he was turned in the 1890's or 1690's. Either way - if she were to date a 30 or 40-something, it certainly would be scandalous. So why is it OK just because this particular gentleman appears to be similar in age? There are certain aspects in the movie where it is apparent Edward is older. For example: When they go to the prom. She asks him why they are there, he said "It is an important right-of-passage and I don't want you to miss anything."

The movie continues to roll around in my head as I ponder different aspects of it. This is the sign of a pretty good movie! And I plan on taking a look at the book series. I still have two to read before I pick anything else up, and a huge list of others I'd love too...but a book list can never be too short.

No comments: