Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Resolutions for 2010

Boy howdy am I behind! I intended to catch up on all my blogging last night...and well, ended up going to bed at 9:00 PM. (My stomach was doing turns...seemed like the prudent thing to do, but I am highly bummed I didn't get to do everything I wanted.)

I don't always do New Year's Resolutions. Last year I did...I decided to get myself healthy. I'm not all the way there yet, but I am exercising regularly. :-) I figure that is a huge improvement! And I've been working really hard on eating healthier.

So I think last year I was pretty successful.

I've thought a lot about what I'm going to focus on this year. Last year, I never thought I'd find time to exercise regularly. I read a book called "Never Say Diet" and one of the points that Chantel Hobbs made about exercise is that if you really want to do something, you'll find time. If it is important to you, you'll find time. It comes down to priorities.

I was pretty hot when I read that. How can such a blanket statement be made when she had NO idea what my life was like? Then I got to thinking about it a little more. I examined my day. And I decided I could either do it early in the morning or late at night. I wasn't fond of giving up that time, but that was it. That was all I could possibly have. I attempted at night for just a couple weeks when it became apparent I couldn't count on it. I often fell asleep putting the kids to bed...and when I did that pretty much killed my evening.

So next up was to get up early. I could reliably get up at 5:00 AM and have time to work out. The kids normally sleep then so I can squeeze it in. It just means a sacrifice of precious sleep to get it done.

All this to say...my goal for this year is to figure out more time. One thing I've become lax on is spending time with God. I've spent a lot of time the past few weeks thinking about all the different areas I could focus on...marriage, parenting, myself...and I feel pretty strongly this is what God would like me to work on.

So there you have it...my goal will be to figure out some time to spend with God and build it into my schedule. I've found impossible time once already, and I'm certain there must be more. God would not ask it if it wasn't important, right? Currently, I'm thinking before bed. But it may wiggle around in my schedule before the best time shakes out. It is like a puzzle...things will fall into place!

No comments: