Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Who's report do you believe?

There is this song...I'm not sure how old it is...but it has been stuck in my head.

Whose report will you believe?
We shall believe the report of the Lord!

His report says I am healed!
His report says I am filled!
His report says I am free!
His report says victory!

*Words by Becky Fender

The thing I have been pondering is what to do with this gestational diabetic diagnosis.  I definitely had it with Peter.  I was borderline with Rebekah.  I'm being treated as such with Baby Bean.  I had just accepted it.  I was preparing for what life will be like with GD...especially when insulin rolls around.

Then I shared a prayer request with a good friend of mine who is what I like to call a "prayer warrior".  Nothing glamorous...these are people who will stand in faith with you, encourage you, pray with you.  When you have an issue, these are the type of people you want praying with and for you.  They pray in earnest and from their hearts.  She said "Well I'll be praying you don't get it!"  This stopped me in my tracks.  This thought had NOT occurred to me. 

Christians get sick.  Christians have bad things happen to them.  Christians are also miraculously healed and diagnosis are often wrong.  I believe God wants health for us, but sometimes when we aren't healthy it is for our benefit (as in the case of my friend, who hurt her back which forced her to slow down!) or sometimes other people's benefits (people who are sick witnessing to sick and non sick alike).  Look at Job.  A lot happened to Job, and in the end he had to say "My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you." (Job 42:5).  Our Living God often has an opinion on our health.  And with this song following me around, I really feel like this time, I'm not supposed to accept this diagnosis.  So I'm choosing to believe His report.

This is a faith stretcher for me.  For some reason, it is much easier for me to pray for something to go away than it is for something to never come.  And thankfully, I don't have to pray alone.  The Lord has put people in my life to pray with me.

No comments: