Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Yes, we do have sprinklers

We took a walk a few weeks ago and the kids saw some sprinklers running in some yards.  They were very interested in them, and it was all I could do to keep them from running into these strangers' yards to partake.  I promised them we had sprinklers in OUR yard too.  Neither of them believed me.  So when we got home, I had them ask William about it.  He promised them (a huge word in our house...something you can count on!) he would turn them on that week.

Well, we tried.  We couldn't get them on at all.  The kids were very disappointed, and of course this did not help their belief that we really in fact DID have sprinklers.  So the next day William made a trip to the store and bought a sprinkler toy.

Peter wasn't too sure of it at first, but quickly warmed up to it.  As a matter of fact, he asks every day if he can play in the sprinklers.  He put on his bathing suit this morning, insisting he play in the sprinklers.

This is the second day we played in them.  The first day Ms. Jan (our neighbor) came out and I chatted with her.  Turns out she has been eying this particular neighborhood that she wants to move too for a few years now.  She also said properties do not come up for sale very often - the last was 9 mo ago and it sold in 2 days.  So she was giddy when this property came up for sale.  She said she wants something lower maintenance, because she is aging.  She also mentioned she had a heart attack 3 years ago.  Our neighbor is awesome, and we wish nothing but the best for her.  :-)  Oh yeah - she told me my kids were quiet, but after some conversation with her, William and I think she just likes to hear them. ;-)  She mentioned only old people used to live in the neighborhood, and she likes it so much better now that there are kids everywhere.

Kids running around - it sprays pretty far...I have to sit at the 
end of the drive way and I still sometimes get  hit.

William actually got just as wet chasing the kids around.

I have no idea what she is doing - but thought it hilarious!

Trying to get a pic of the kids togeter - Peter was no enthusiastic.
But...with a kiss like that I don't think I would have been either!

I love the summer - mostly. I love summer activities...but I could deal with it not being quite so hot. ;-) And this summer - I've already started my complaining at 85 degrees...something I normally reserve for the upper 90s.

OH - and we found out what the issue is with our sprinklers.  Ms. Jan mentioned it ends up costing more to turn it on ourselves than to call the sprinkler place and have them do it.  So that is probably what we will do.  By the way, have I mentioned we have the greatest neighbor ever?  She will be hard to replace!

No comments: