Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Final Notes on Ruth's BIRTHday

I took a bunch of notes after Ruth was born because it took me awhile to find time to actually write her birth story.  And I didn't want to forget anything.  I was looking over those notes and I found two tiny facts I think I forgot to mention.  You can find her story here:  Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.

The first fact I put in my notes is the amount of times Ruth pooped.  Boy did that girl poop.  She pooped 7...that is S.E.V.E.N. times in her first 24 hrs.  Ruth would wake up, cry, poop and go right back to sleep.  It cracked me up during the day because every time a nurse would come in they would ask if Ruth had pooped yet.  Ummm...yeah.  Then they'd ask if she had peed.

Like I could tell with all that poop. 

I know the other two did not dirty so many diapers during those first few hours of life.  It was definitely something different with Ruth.

The next fact I had in my notes was really a reminder of an anecdotal story.  The day we got home with Ruth, Peter was sitting on the couch admiring his new little sister.  He looked up and said "I can kiss Ruth but not punch her."

Yep.  Glad we got that straightened out.  This of course is his way of expressing he understands proper behavior around Ruth.  Peter has all kinds of pearls of wisdom he has shared...another favorite of mine is "We eat dinner, not poop!"  I love Peterisms.

Whew...now I can delete my notes.  That really does conclude everything share-worthy dealing with Ruth's birth!  :-)

No comments: