Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Iwoniwoniwoniwoniwon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a HUGE Chantel Hobbs fan.  HUGE.  I first heard her on the Mornings with Brant show about 2 years ago.  I got her book "Never Say Diet" for Christmas (something I asked for) and worked my way through it.  I contribute a lot of my weight lost between Peter and Ruth to the things I learned from her.  She brings a no-nonsense practical sense to loosing weight.  (I consider her the "Dave Ramsey" of the fitness world!  All her teachings are common sense, but sometimes you just need someone to remind ya!)

For example - it was her who challenged me in figuring out a time to exercise.  NOW - I'm not currently working out.  I've given myself some leeway because...well I'm getting up 3-4 times a night with Ruth, waking up at 5:00 AM to pump and falling into bed each night exhausted at 9:00 PM.  This is a small period of time in my life that will pass.  BUT - I started listening just after Peter turned 1. She said in her book and several times on the radio that anyone who doesn't exercise simply chooses not too - and "time" is an excuse.  I'll be honest - I was offended at first.  After all, she was a stay-at-home mom during the start of her weight loss journey, what the heck did she know about time constraints?  But the more I thought about it the more I decided she was right.  And so - I began getting up early to exercise.

I hadn't actually listened to her in quite some time due to me being on maternity leave and not in my car much on Wed. mornings (the time she comes on his show).  And I could never remember to just turn on the radio.  I did try - because I enjoy listening to her.  The last 2 Wed she talked about how she was going to pick some people to work with on their weight loss goals.  I'll be honest - I don't know why she is doing it or the details behind exactly what she is doing.  BUT - I popped over to her site and filled out the survey.  The biggest question that took the longest time to fill out (and ultimately was the nut of how she determined who to pick) was my "weight loss story".  So I chatted about my weight gain, my journey in learning about nutrition (which I feel like I'm still on), squeezing in exercise, etc etc.

Today I received this email:

Hi there Folks!
I have some awesome news- after reading, reading, re-reading, praying, praying and praying some more, I have chosen you to be on the front line of my WELLNESS WARRIOR team - Mornings with Brant!  
You may be wondering, What does this mean? I'll tell you. You are now about to join a tight-knit group of six folks I will be personally coaching in the coming months, with the goal of helping you lose weight while gaining control of your health and wellness. 
First assignment: I have a conference call sheduled for tomorrow night at 7:30 EST. I will be e-mailing you tomorrow morning with further instructions for joining the call. 
However, if you could please respond to this e-mail with confirmation you will be joining us, it would be greatly appreciated!          
One final thing...I am very excited and honored to be a part of this journey you are about to begin. Please don't let yourself feel nervous or anxious about the process. It's my goal to share with you the joy of healthly living, and to show you how to achieve it for a lifetime.
    
Staying the Course,
Chantel Hobbs
FaithFoodFitness.Com

I'm so freaking excited!  I have no idea what this means, what will happen or...well anything!  But of course I'll blog away about it right here!  I don't normally get picked for stuff like this...so either only 6 people applied or God has something in store for me. ;-) 

I am most nervous about blowing this opportunity.  I do feel like I have so much on my plate right now that worrying about one more thing will tip me over the edge and send me to crazy-land.  But you know?  I have no idea what possessed me to fill out that survey or even how I found the time to do so.  I've been so busy at home, work and everywhere in between that I can't believe I remembered to fill it out in the first place.  So that fact I did has got to be God nudging me back onto this journey. 

When I got pregnant, I did worry it would derail my progress.  And it has.  There is no way for it to not have done so.  But God is trimming in many areas of my life.  I say prune away!  Even if it is uncomfortable or even feels like I won't survive it.  So I guess God trimming my waist line is just one more thing to trim. ;-)  This is the year of trimming!

Wheeeeeee!  Have I mentioned I'm excited?

1 comment:

Janette said...

Wow...this is incredibly AWESOME! See what I miss out on when I get behind on blog reading?? This is SO COOL!! I had no idea -- but now I do -- and since i've read your updates backwards, I have been filled in!! :) One thing I have learned in a book I'm reading called "Run your butt off" is that I'm getting the right number of calories but I'm not getting near enough protein! Can't lose weight w/o more protein -- my body is in a rutt so to speak. I'd have to look up the numbers again but it said how much you should try to get at each meal. I do a protein shake for my breakfast that is 24 grams of protein -- that's great....but then I falter the rest of the day in what I eat and not enough protein! I'm working on changing that!! :)