Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

One year ago today...

...I peed on a stick.  It was a cheapo, which I know the "experts" tell you that you get what you pay for.  In my case, that was true.  Only one line showed up.  But as I examined it, I realized that it was the "positive" line and that the line that always shows up didn't.  (I forget what it was called.) 

I knew in my heart that I was pregnant, so therefore I didn't bother with purchasing another test.  I made William a home-made valentines card.  The front of it said "With love like ours..." and drew a couple of stick people with a heart.  Then on the inside I wrote "Babies just happen!".  I taped the test and wished him a happy valentines day.  I set the card on his nightstand and hopped in the shower.

I was scrubbing away, in my own world.  I do a lot of thinking in the shower.  William popped is head in there, scarring the bejeebees out of me.  I think I may have even said "AH!" in surprise! ;-)  He had a huge grin on his face and he said "REALLY!?!?"  I said "Yep!"

We waited to tell anyone for several more weeks.  I think I was around 8 weeks.  We didn't intend to tell, but we had told Rebekah and she told everyone she came across.  (I did not anticipate she'd be so excited.)  Her school was the first to find out.  And then she told my mom at a family dinner.  And from there the news was just plain out.

Baby Ruth is now 4 months old.  I got to spend today with her, because her sitter is sick.  It turned out - so was I.  So the day isn't what I'd call enjoyable by any means.  I'm on the mend and hope to be better tomorrow.  This has been a crazy winter.  My family has been sick more than normal.  We tend to be very healthy.  In all honesty, by comparison, we still are.  I think I may have food poisoning versus an actual illness.  The sitter is still sick, so I get to stay home and hang out with Ruth tomorrow too.

All this staying home stuff is starting to spoil me.  I guess God knows what He is doing - because I've enjoyed all the unexpected stay home days. :-)

No comments: