Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Stupid cold...

There have been times where I was grateful to be sick. For example - earlier in the year I got strep...and it gave me a good "reason" to sleep my day away.  (Yeah...sometimes as a mom I do need a reason that is valid to me...otherwise I'm just wasting time!)

Today?  Not so much.  I first realized I was sick yesterday when I went to get my lunch and I was having a little trouble walking in a straight line.  Turns out - I was on the dizzy side.  I knew I had felt off, but sitting at my desk I couldn't really put my finger on the problem.

I still have bouts of dizziness, but my main issues is pure exhaustion.  I feel drained and I feel like I should sleep...but of course have no time for that.  Work deadlines and a household to run...this pesky cold is not going to stop me.

Well...it will stop me from one thing.  I can't in good conscience go on a run when I can barely function during the day.  And that is my biggest beef with this cold.  I was on a roll man!

A little insight into Miriam...I view reasons to NOT do everything as excuses.  Really, there are always a million of them and they are always really good.  Ok - some of them are better than others.  In my personal experience, I've found that doing is better than not doing.  There is a great personal satisfaction that goes along with choosing the Lord's path.  That is about the only thing that will stop me in my tracks - the Lord telling me "no" or "not now".  Running is a great example of that.  I've run in super hot weather, rainy weather and I'm sure that shortly I will run in frigidly cold weather...only because the Lord said "GO".  This pretty well applies to all areas of my life. And if the Lord had told me to run, despite the cold, I totally would have.

This past week I attended a function at work.  I was chatting with a coworker who I didn't know all that well and the conversation turned to kids.  She asked me how many kid I had and how old they were.  So I told her...3 kids ages 5, 3 and 10 mo!  Her eyes crossed and she said "How do you work FULL TIME and take care of 3 kids?"

Careful planning...

Just kidding.  I laughed and told her I didn't really have a good answer for that.  The truth is that this is what the Lord has called me to do.  And whatever the Lord asks, He will also give you a way to do it.

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

~Isaiah 40:28-31 (NIV)

And so I will continue on...doing whatever work the Lord puts before me.  And for now - running is not part of that and neither is weighing in.  :)

1 comment:

Janette said...

Hope you feel better soon!! I can completely relate to getting thrown off by an illness -- and then it's hard to get back on track once you're thrown off...but I know you'll be right back at it in no time! Take the time your body needs to heal and recover -- sounds like it's a nasty virus/cold! Hope it's gone soon & that no one else in your family gets it!!